Saturday, November 2, 2013

Secret Weapon

I am who I am because I am the mother to Lincoln. I did not know what I was capable of until he revealed himself to me.

This is important. This is special and unique and rare and I do not take it lightly. I am lucky. My gift was given from within and is impossible to ignore and every single day I am telling you that I feel joy and love and peace that can not be named when that boy wakes up and says "hi, mama" to me.

He is why I can keep on loving and not give in and change and move and grow.

He is why I can't be bitter. Why I am calm. He is the reason I don't yell at my kids. The reason I understand that they, like me, aren't perfect and really just need a little bit more time to adjust…

That my father never met Lincoln is a tragedy because everyone who meets him knows he is magic. That he is a prince. That he is here to be good and to let you be good with him. Russell could have used a little Link in his life.  We all can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boy is magic.