Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Swing, baby!

Within a span of 10 minutes today I was crying, singing, sobbing & yelling like a lunatic.

The person who married me 10 years ago found me between sobbing & yelling and brilliantly suggested we go out to dinner. To which I gently replied: "GOOD! Because if I have to clean up another fucking mess today... GOD DAMNIT!" Commence head-spinning and pea-soup projectile vomiting.

This husband fella has really shown himself to me these last few months; and I like it. I am amazed at his ability to evolve and I'm remembering right at this very minute that that's one of the reasons I fell in love with him in the first place. Surely, there must be something magnetic about the bloke for me to go through this hormone fueled, thunder-dome-esqe-odyssey-freak-show of pregnancy again.

The miracle in it all? That we mothers don't end up a ravaged, bloodied, shell of a beast once the baby has taken absolutely everything we have. Who needs sanity?! Ha! Pussies!

No comments: